Tuesday, September 18, 2012

What Others Think of Kendal

Recently as I was checking in with the nurse for my quarterly follow up visit with my physician in the hematology/oncology clinic at the hospital she asked me if my blood work had been drawn at Kendal the previous day as ordered.  When I replied in the affirmative, she responded that she really didn't have to ask because she knew that clients/patients coming to them from Kendal always had everything done as it should be.  She said that was one thing they could count on.  I see this as a very positive reflection on the way that Kendal at Granville strives to maintain the quality of our life here.

This response told me that there is a close collaboration of Kendal with the local hospital which insures the quality of our health care.  It frees us to concentrate on other matters if we don't have to worry about the many details they take care of for us. 

For example one of the things I find most helpful is that arrangements have been made between Kendal and the hospital for a laboratory technician to come here every Tuesday and Thursday morning to draw blood.  Since I have a medical condition that requires frequent blood draws I am really thankful that I don't have to make a trip to the hospital laboratory for each test.  Since there are others also waiting for the technician, I know that I'm not the only one that benefits from this plan.

The incident occurring at the hospital clinic is typical of the kind of remarks I hear from outsiders when I mention that I live at Kendal.  It all adds up to reinforcing my sense of the rightness of having made a good choice when I chose Kendal as my home.

No comments:

Post a Comment